Thursday, July 1, 2010

Days 161, 162, 163 In Dusseldorf I met a clown.....

IMG_4201

No, I didn't meet a clown as Regina Spektor claims in her song about her European travels titled Dusseldorf. I met a few friends I made on the backpackers trail in Thailand. Halina, Sepi and I met on a night train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Sweetest girls in the world and gracious hostesses for a weekend in Dusseldorf.

Sepi found me at the train station and we hightailed it over to an ice cream shop that Halina was working at for a scope of ice cream and some catching up. After a few hours and couple of cups of coffee later we headed back to Sepi's apartment to crash. I had a late night and she has to work in the morning so it seemed to be the consensus that we get to sleep at a decent hour.

The next day I meandered the shops of Dusseldorf. I found a few great summer shirts, had a starbucks and walked along the river. Great sun, great coffee and some good shopping finds...couldn't ask for much more. After work Sepi and I met up near the water and visited her friends house for a bit of dinner and a look at the world cup game. We then headed out for some drinks and ended up at an Irish pub for Kareokee night. Good time had by all and we just caught the last train back to Sepi's apartment.

IMG_3642
Party Biiiike!

Saturday both the girls had off from work! We took the morning to partake in a photo shoot of sorts. Halina loves to take photographs and has worked as a photographer. These two are often off taking photographs in different places with quirky clothes and accessories. We took a few photos, stopped by the tents to glance at a football game and found some delicious Thai food on our way back to a friends shop. Their friend gave us a ride home and this was my first time on the autobahn. No speed limit brings us to 200km + an hour. Too fast for me. But an experience all the same. We then hung out at Sepi's place. Looking at some pictures from the remainders of their travels and talking about where I had left to go.

IMG_4182
Photo I took of the tv tower

IMG_3498
Photo by Halina

IMG_3571
Photo by Halina

IMG_3555
Go Germany! Photo from Halina


Tomorrow AMSTERDAM!

No comments: